Thursday, October 30, 2008

Bitter-Sweet Memory

Seems to me, time has totally grab all the memories of the past. I have work all years since I was only 16. But all those years I have meet lots of people that made me to be strong and have helped me understand the way of life. I thought, after I settled with my husband and have kids, that things would be a lot easier, not realizing that life for me has just started and the real battle for what we called survival.

My husband work as a construction worker and the money he brings home is not enough for the family. My ambition started when we have 3 kids. I left them at their tender years to work abroad and hope to sustain the family. My husband become abusive, he gambled and drink most of the money I made which I have saved for years. I was very excited to go home to see our new house but to my dismay, it's not even half way decent. I thought of all the years I have worked to made my dream come true for the family that turned in vain. I have given him many chances, until I decided to leave him for the sake of the future of our kids.

Life is a lot better as I know I have only my kids to worry about. Tried to build the broken dreams and heal the broken heart I have come to appreciate the presence of my kids along with me and their achievements are a better pay off for me. I am proud for what I have been through and life will go on...

No comments: